Registrations for the 2015 camp are now closed. If you have registered, please return your paperwork and payment now!
Our Youth Camp in December 2013 was a fantastic opportunity to bring people together from all around the country from all walks of life who were united by their experiences of being born with a cleft.
This was a very fun weekend with participants taking part in many fun activities such as rock climbing, bridge building, watersliding, riding NZ’s largest (and highest) flying fox, hanging out with Carmit Bachar from The Pussycat Dolls (via Skype) and making friends for life. See photos from the 2013 camp here!
We are now looking at offering another youth camp in April 2015 and registrations are now open for you to let us know that you would like to come, so whether you will be a first time camper, or a returning veteran, register now to let us know that you’d like to come!
Here’s what you need to know
- Registering your interest here is exactly that – a registration of interest. It does not mean that if Cleft NZ offers a camp that you have to attend, nor does it mean that Cleft NZ has to offer a camp.
- To register as a participant, you must be aged between 11-20 (inclusive) on 1 April 2015. You may register if you are 10 if you happen to be in Year 7 at school on 1 April 2015.
- For insurance purposes, you must be ordinarily resident in New Zealand or Australia to attend. You must be resident in New Zealand in April 2015 to attend.
- To attend camp, you must be available from Friday 10 – Sunday 12 April 2015.
- The camp may be held anywhere in New Zealand and whilst Cleft NZ will do their best to secure fundraising to assist with travel costs, you will be expected to meet some of these costs and/or fundraise for this yourself.
- Cleft NZ will endeavour to make a decision as to whether or not a camp will be offered in 2015 by 28 February 2015. Should a camp go ahead, those who have registered will be invited to apply.